Please Help!

ssinnxo_

Location (City and/or State)
Cathedral City
Woke up to my little guy looking like this he was fine yesterday, he's still active and still eating. Been looking up online to see why this could have happened to him. Can anyone of you guys help me figure out what to do or why this happened? Please help Echo :tort:

IMG_4359.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It might be the light. Any chance a mouse or rat could have chewed on him?

Get a squeeze bottle and squirt some sterile saline over the eye the dab on some Vetericyn eye ointment.

ssinnxo_

Cathedral City
I called the reptile place and they don't think its the light. No mouse or rat around at all.
while I was doing my research I came upon some people talking about a possible infection and them using Terramycin eye ointment. I have some here and applied a little to see if it would help him since its for eye infections. would this help him?
Will his eye be okay? i'm scared of him losing his eye.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I called the reptile place and they don't think its the light. No mouse or rat around at all.
while I was doing my research I came upon some people talking about a possible infection and them using Terramycin eye ointment. I have some here and applied a little to see if it would help him since its for eye infections. would this help him?
Will his eye be okay? i'm scared of him losing his eye.

what substrate do you use ? Looks like he has a fair amount of particles on his face.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
It might be the light. Any chance a mouse or rat could have chewed on him?

Get a squeeze bottle and squirt some sterile saline over the eye the dab on some Vetericyn eye ointment.

Doesn’t this look a little bit like the bump on the other tortoises neck ?

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
what other post was this on ?
There has been plenty of these cases the last few months, it’s a disease that was transferred from hatchling to hatchling in the same clutch or that were housed together. Most people found this right after they got their hatchling, these do not look like yours and are no one had this on the babies eye.

zovick

10 Year Member!
what other post was this on ?
I think your tortoise has gotten something in his eye which is irritating it (causing conjunctivitis). The ointment you have should help. However, I always found it a lot easier to use drops than ointment on my tortoises, especially in small tortoise's eyes. You should be able to get some Neo-Poly-Dex Veterinary Ophthalmic drops (containing Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Dexamethasone ) from a vet for about $10 or $20 dollars. Put one drop in the eye twice a day for a week to ten days and it should get better in a few days.

If you don't want to do the drops, keep using the ointment twice a day for a week to ten days.

Good luck!

ssinnxo_

Cathedral City
I think your tortoise has gotten something in his eye which is irritating it (causing conjunctivitis). The ointment you have should help. However, I always found it a lot easier to use drops than ointment on my tortoises, especially in small tortoise's eyes. You should be able to get some Neo-Poly-Dex Veterinary Ophthalmic drops (containing Neomycin, Polymyxin B, and Dexamethasone ) from a vet for about $10 or $20 dollars. Put one drop in the eye twice a day for a week to ten days and it should get better in a few days.

If you don't want to do the drops, keep using the ointment twice a day for a week to ten days.

Good luck!

Thank you so much I appreciate your response.