PLEASE HELP SULCATA EXPERTS IS MOLLY SICK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Texas BABY!
Okay so my little 5 1/2 month old sulcata is sneezing. She eats and poops very well and is extremly active. Please help I love my little Molly and I have had bearded dragons die on me in days and I have had her for less than a month. Please help does she need a vet or waht I am only 12 and this is my first tort PLEASE HELP IM WORRIED SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tort:

schmodygirl

5 Year Member
mesa, az
Can you please post info about her diet, temps, housing, substrate etc... that will help us give advice. What type of lighting? Are you soaking daily?
While waiting for more of us to add input, search Tom in the members and read his links.
Hope all works out well.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
You want to make sure said sully's temp's are at the right degree.
Also if it's sneezing, has runny discharge from nose/eye's, I would take to a vet ASAP. My Cooper had an upper respiratory infection which required a total of 5 shots in the front legs every other day. He got sick because his temps were to low! A hard lesson I had to learn at his expense. And a $350 vet bill but I also had him checked for parasites and something else I can't remember. Best of luck!! And make sure his basking area under the uva/uvb light is somewhere around 90-100 degrees. And I wouldn't let his area get below 85 degrees. I let Coopers drop to 80 on the cold side now that he is 21 month's old. I hope for a good recovery!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if eating and active,, should be ok,, but raise the temps.. get some sunshine if warm enough and tell us more about your set up. is it dusty? dry? maybe that is causing the sneezing..

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Yes, important. Is there nasal discharge? Is he/she still eating normally? What is your humidity? These are all important. I would hold off on the vet at the moment. You do not need to create a vet bill at the moment. Let's figure out what's going on first.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Okay so how should her humidity be? I know this is going to sound bad but i don't spray or anything should I do a daily spray of water everyday? I did it for my beardies too. I'm sorry I should have known this

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
I'm just scared because I don't know how bad it is! I'm not sure ages even "sneezing" she makes this pop sound through her nose and it looked like I saw like a bubble of like snot or something but it's not running and everything else is normal the heat is about 105

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
She needs high humidity. Around 80%. I need to spray mine several times a day or maintain that...but I live in VERY dry Phoenix. I think 105* for your basking spot is good but she needs to have a cooler side to go to. Since its suspected she may have RI I think around 85-90 on the cool side is acceptable. The popping sounds is what I have seen a lot of other tort owners describe when a RI is expected. Did you read all of Tom's threads? If not, they are extremely helpful and easy to understand. I'm sure someone with more experience will be along and be more helpful. I'm just learning all of this myself. I wanted to give some sort of answer because I know how hard it is to wait for a response sometimes when you are so worried.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
So, please take a pic of your enclosure. Let's start there. Basking temp should be 100-110 . 105 right now is good. Warm side should be 80-90 and cool side should be 75-80. With all this said you should have bumped your temps up maybe 5 degrees. Dont let them fall below these temps. Humidity needs to be 80%. Warm soaks for 20 min. Is she eating?

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Yes she's eating fine, and active she seems perfectly normal and spike is fine and he's from the same clutch and in the same enclosure.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
So you have 2 in the same enclosure and you suspect one is sick? Aren't you afraid the other will catch it it there is something going on? And why won't you post a pic of the enclosure?

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Well I don't have an enclosure for spike yet. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image-1250219732.png
    image-1250219732.png
    282.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-37964605.png
    image-37964605.png
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • image-4175978371.png
    image-4175978371.png
    269.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image-3997397829.png
    image-3997397829.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 51
  • image-464129075.png
    image-464129075.png
    985.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image-523803073.png
    image-523803073.png
    833.1 KB · Views: 56

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If you don't have an enclosure for Spike yet, then where is he living/sleeping? You know, any large plastic storage container can be an enclosure for now provided that it's large enough. Each tort should have its own enclosure as a general rule because most sulcatas do best when they are alone. That way one sulcata won't dominate the other and leave one out in the cold--so to speak. Can you get one of your parents to take a picture of your tort and post it here on the forum? Don't forget to give us a picture of the enclosure you are using.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Okay we are probably getting one for spike for Christmas but right now the enclosure is pretty big.

image-2984285418.png

image-251951318.png

image-1160359108.png

image-1188900031.png

image-2019660892.png

Okay did my pics show up?

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
animalfreak said:
Okay we are probably getting one for spike for Christmas but right now the enclosure is pretty big.

Okay did my pics show up?

Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.