IS MY SULCATA SICK PLEASE HELP?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Texas BABY!
My 6 month old sulcata is perfectly fine, but she makes this pop sound with her nose I assumed it was a tort sneeze. She seems fine but I noticed a bubble of what looked like snot appear when she "sneezed". I'm not sure what's wrong I raised her heat to about 105F. Does she need medical attention or what I'm a first timer I'm only 12 and have had bearded dragons die on me within days. I'm worried sick please help!!!! My setup is alfalfa a water bowl a log UVB heat lamp and I feed them sulcata pellets and spring mix with calcium powder. Any tips? Thanks!!

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
Chang the substrate ASAP. Coco coir is a nice choice easy to get also it sounds like the start of a respiratory infection. Raise the temps and give warm soaks every day I'm sure others will chime in

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
gregcalverley0327 said:
Chang the substrate ASAP. Coco coir is a nice choice easy to get also it sounds like the start of a respiratory infection. Raise the temps and give warm soaks every day I'm sure others will chime in

Ditto. Do you feed them anything else? Try weeds and some grass. Also some Mazuri would be good. I would visit a Vet JUST to be on the safe side. Better safe then sorry.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Once there is discharge from the nose, a vet visit is usually required. Is there a continuous discharge still happening? Is it still active and eating?

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Well she's less active, no like discharge, and if I put her at the food bowl she eats but not as much as spike does but he's a little piggy anyways! And she still goes to the bathroom regularly. She just sneezes some are like little pop sounds, and some are like real sneezes.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
May help more if we had a complete run down of your care and enclosure, temps-basking, cool side, night time, all over, humidity, soakings how often and the size of them. Are they in the same enclosure? For now I would keep the night and all over temp at 85-90 the basking should be 95-100 or even a little higher. What kind of bulbs and heat sources are you using and how often do you give calcium and D3? A better feeding variety is in need. If you can get edible weeds from outside that is best. If not, buy spring mix, kale, mustard greens, optunia cactus, endive, water crest, dandelion, bok choy, check out the tortoisetable.org for more edible items.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm echoing what is being said.. But definetly change the substrate! Do warm soaks and keep him/ her warm and hydrated!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
If your Willie is still eating this is good. Are you doing your daily soaks? I don't believe you need to see a vet just yet. Let's see if we can figure what is going on. How long has she been on the alfalfa substrate? She may be sneezing due to dust from it. Do you keep any sort of humidity in her inclosure? Now that could cause mold. So the best thing would be to remove that substrate. You could use cocoir. Or even topsoil from the back yard. You also say them? Do you have more then one? Please respond....

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Thank you all for your help she is improving and we are still trying things that will help thanks Molly is thankful!

image-99337028.png

Status
Not open for further replies.