PLEASE HELP!! (eye problem)

vladimir

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
I will see because that isnt a bad idea at all but my girlfriend wants to find a new home for him because she thinks we’re not going to treat it and give him everything he needs but I am the one clearly attached but do want what’s best for him...

It's clear you care about your little guy. I don't blame you. I think if I were in your situation I would try to find somewhere where you could build him a suitable enclosure so that he is happy until you can be reunited once you get out of the apartment.

EDIT: I think there have been members who have done "foster parenting" for tortoises when their owners circumstances prevented them from keeping the tortoise for a period of time. I'm sure we can find a solution where you guys aren't separated long term.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Okay great I will keep using the drops then thank you.
BUT...I am NOT a Vet and I don't play one on tv. I just kinda said what I would do. Use those drops now you got them, I rinse my smaller turtles and tortoises under the faucet then put them in for a soak. That rinses off the wood chips and keeps the soaking water clean...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It's clear you care about your little guy. I don't blame you. I think if I were in your situation I would try to find somewhere where you could build him a suitable enclosure so that he is happy until you can be reunited once you get out of the apartment.

EDIT: I think there have been members who have done "foster parenting" for tortoises when their owners circumstances prevented them from keeping the tortoise for a period of time. I'm sure we can find a solution where you guys aren't separated long term.
Oh my! I am so sorry you said that. Hey Lenny stick that baby in a box and send him to me, I have an empty tort table and outside pen. I have fostered a buncha animals. However, maybe someone in SoCal closer to you will offer...to foster

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Oh my! I am so sorry you said that. Hey Lenny stick that baby in a box and send him to me, I have an empty tort table and outside pen. I have fostered a buncha animals. However, maybe someone in SoCal closer to you will offer...to foster

Aww @maggie3fan I wasn't suggesting you volunteer :) , just wanted to provide encouragement that we can find a happy resolution. It would be great if it were local and he could visit regularly.

Lennythetort

Arcadia

Yea your right I’m going to see what we can do about his enclosure soon because I know he needs to be happy I will change his diet though starting today see if I go find some of the stuff you guys mentioned because that I can do right away. His eye is open today Idk if I should use the drops still I am still taking him to his appointment today to make sure he’s okay it is still pinkish but is open now.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
Aww @maggie3fan I wasn't suggesting you volunteer :) , just wanted to provide encouragement that we can find a happy resolution. It would be great if it were local and he could visit regularly.
Yea I am not ready to let him go just yet yesterday my girl and I talked about it and I literally cried lol I will be 28 year old man on Saturday and I was torn just the thought of him not being here or mine anymore... so if I do give him away I would like him to be a little closer so I can still be him once and awhile ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh my head knows that, but my heart wants to help, foster, or something. I adopted out my biggest Sulcata while I was at my sister's. So I got room. But closer to him would be better for sure

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yea I am not ready to let him go just yet yesterday my girl and I talked about it and I literally cried lol I will be 28 year old man on Saturday and I was torn just the thought of him not being here or mine anymore... so if I do give him away I would like him to be a little closer so I can still be him once and awhile ?
No not 'give away, foster, help or keep temporarily. There will be someone close to you who will offer.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
No not 'give away, foster, help or keep temporarily. There will be someone close to you who will offer.
Yea your right I just gotta see if I can find someone close by so I can still visit and if I get a bigger place take him back but at least visit.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
Would you be willing to meet halfway if I were to give him to you? Btw he is really a She* I just call him he. I rather do that then to just ship him. Even though I’d rather keep him closer at least I know you’ll know what your doing and you can always send me pics if you don’t mind

Lennythetort

Arcadia
His eye keeps going back and fourth but I’m trying to hold him from rubbing it... ugh so frustrating.... I just wanna take him to the vet 3:30 can’t come any sooner... ??‍♂️
Brought him outside to the neighbors house

Attachments

• 5869CD38-554E-4D87-B229-8ECEC5D6D2DE.jpeg
    5869CD38-554E-4D87-B229-8ECEC5D6D2DE.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 755A4516-6CFB-49B0-8607-28AFBCE9EB82.jpeg
    755A4516-6CFB-49B0-8607-28AFBCE9EB82.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 744311E4-3EE1-4547-B335-D48E3BD25368.jpeg
    744311E4-3EE1-4547-B335-D48E3BD25368.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 11

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
His eye keeps going back and fourth but I’m trying to hold him from rubbing it... ugh so frustrating.... I just wanna take him to the vet 3:30 can’t come any sooner... ??‍♂️
Did you turn off the cfl bulb?

Be careful with the vet. Most of them don't know anything about tortoise care. Don't let them do any "vitamin" injections.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
Did you turn off the cfl bulb?

Be careful with the vet. Most of them don't know anything about tortoise care. Don't let them do any "vitamin" injections.
Yea we’ve been taking him to this vet since he was little and she also owns a tortoise but thanks for that ??

Lennythetort

Arcadia
The doctors said he scratched his eye and she gave me drops for to apply twice a day between 12 hours for 7 days she said he’s perfectly healthy looks great nice and heavy so we just gotta take care of that eye and she said to keep the other light on all day that it acts like the sun since he’s indoor.