Plastic ramps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankiesOwner

5 Year Member
Are plastic ramps okay for my russian tort? Or should i cover them with twine or something for more grip? I'm going to add some kind of fence to the sides of them.. so not worried about that. Thanks guys.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I would think they need something that they can get a little more traction from. You could use twine I guess, or get a piece of sandpaper and rough it up a bit. If its too slippery it can cause hip problems.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
I am no expert, but think the idea of sandpaper and roughing is a good idea also maybe a piece of old carpet, rug or piece of plastic fake lawn stuff, that the tortoise "toe nails" don't get caught on it while he trys to walk on it.

CDNPyxis

5 Year Member
Virginia
I used a plastic ramp up to a box of soil for my leopard torts, they loved it, they used to walk up to the box and then turn around and just slide down the ramp. When I first set it up I put masking tape across it about 3 inches apart, your tortoise is smaller so it would have to be closer, but sandpaper would probably work as once they had used it for a while they scuffed it up so much that they didn't need the tape anymore.

Craig

itsmeshell

5 Year Member
I got some reptile cage carpet for my Russians ramp and its washable which is always handy

Status
Not open for further replies.