Tortoise Ramps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

byerssusan

I've seen so many enclosures with ramps..what is the reason for them? Is there something I a missing? Should I have one in mine? Questions Questions I know..I am just curious .

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Most of the ramps I have seen lead to an upper level inside the enclosure...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
We use ramp's in our Leo's two level enclosure so she can get to each level. I feel it also add's a bit of exercise into her daily routine when she is stuck inside for the winter.

B

byerssusan

Yeah that's what I mean. Is there a reason for this. I mean for the tortoise..Is it to mock their normal enviorment? I don't think in the wild they have such ramps do they? Or is it for more room in their enclosure perhaps? I am just trying to understand because if I am missing something I need to do ..I'd feel bad for not doing it.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Its for adding more room in a smaller enclosure, and the ramps also make a good hide..

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I did it to give her more room. The bottom was 5 ft by 5 ft and the top is another 5 ft by 5 ft. When she is living outside she has all the room she needs with no ramps.

B

byerssusan

Oh okay..So just for more room. I can see that.. I am sure in the future knowing this I will be able to add more room for Phoenix by doing the same. Makes sense. They grow so fast and of Phoenix will not be able to o outside permant for awhile I know she will need more room..Thanks for clearing this up for me. Thank you alot

tortoise-kid

5 Year Member
In my tortoise table for my Red Footed Tortoise I dont have a ramp. They dont appear to be necessary, but they sure do look awesome :D

B

byerssusan

I know they add a certain cool-ness to the enclosure don't they? I have already began to think how I will do mine

Status
Not open for further replies.