Ramps...

Michael Twohy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Roseville, Minnesota
I think it's going to be super easy to build. And I'm a total novice at stuff like that hehehe It's sort of small, but hoping the loft will compensate!
He's about 5 inches long :) he's tiny.... but since I'll soon get a bookshelf I'll use the shelves to make a small second level

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'm not into clicker training for torts, so I kept sides on my tort house ramp until Levi was big enough to step off the side with ease.
wuj5ky.jpg

Now that he is big enough to walk on/off from any direction, I removed the sides.
15pk4xx.jpg

Soon he'll have a new yard and if his house is set up on the ground, I'll just dig into the dirt so the door/ramp sits flush with the ground... like this:
wk5k7.jpg

If I have to do a ramp and I'm worried he'd fall off...I'd make a side. It doesn't even have to be that tall.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
He's about 5 inches long :) he's tiny.... but since I'll soon get a bookshelf I'll use the shelves to make a small second level
Elmo is only 4.5 right now, so you know... eventually I'll need to make it bigger :)
Is he a russian? Second leaves work so nice for them because the like to climb so much!

sulcata2014

Florida
I have a Golden Greek male that is 5 +". I'm not sure how old he is? Is there anyone who knows how long it takes them to achieve that size? Anyone out there that has a large female Golden Greek?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I have a Golden Greek male that is 5 +". I'm not sure how old he is? Is there anyone who knows how long it takes them to achieve that size? Anyone out there that has a large female Golden Greek?
Hey friend :) I suggest posting a new thread when it's not related to the topic being discussed :D It's OK for now because your a new member! Grow rates vary widely & there is no way of telling the age from the size of the tortoise.

sulcata2014

Florida
My fault. I typed in Golden Greek and got two posts. "Elmo is 4.5", "Is he a Russian?" and "No, he's a Golden Greek". I figured this was about the size of a Golden Greek. Next time I will make sure to thoroughly check the entire thread before posting. Thanks for your advice and it is well taken! I'm not only new this site, but I'm new to any type of blog or forum and just want to make sure I'm doing things the right way so thanks again.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
My fault. I typed in Golden Greek and got two posts. "Elmo is 4.5", "Is he a Russian?" and "No, he's a Golden Greek". I figured this was about the size of a Golden Greek. Next time I will make sure to thoroughly check the entire thread before posting. Thanks for your advice and it is well taken! I'm not only new this site, but I'm new to any type of blog or forum and just want to make sure I'm doing things the right way so thanks again.
No need to be sorry, this has happened with me before (especially on the iPad :D)!

StuMac

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409210537.212504.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409210549.045615.jpg

These are what I used for slash. In the U.K. the pet shop Pets at Home sell these made up of multiple logs held together with wire. There are different sizes, so a large is ideal for ramps and hide. Under the skull there is a large one as well as the ramp, and the other two are the small ones just for a visual barrier. I drilled two holes into hide and used zip ties to secure the ramp. Only cost £5!!