Plant shopping spree!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I went to my local Lowes and hit the jackpot! Clearance plants everywhere. These cost me a total of $20.00, and that includes the almost 5 ft hibiscus!!! There are 4 spider plants (2 are large hanging baskets), 2 hostas, 4 "grow your own salad" mixed salad greens, one succulent hanging basket and the hibiscus. This makes me and the torts very happy:)
IMAG2321-1.jpg

IMAG2331-1-1.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love when Lowes does their clearances. I paid $2.50 for grape vines the other day. Looks like you did a great job of finding some great values!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great job. Percy gets most of them right:D I mean after all, not like he's spoiled or anything:p:)

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
wellington said:
Great job. Percy gets most of them right:D I mean after all, not like he's spoiled or anything:p:)

I don't know what you are talking about, Percy, spoiled....:D He will have to share a few with the pancakes or else they will catch on and I will be in BIG trouble :)

prettyremarks

5 Year Member
TX
So JEALOUS! I've been scouring all of our Lowes, Home Depots, Walmarts, nurseries, etc., for the spider/airplane plants to put in the hanging baskets on my front porch and I've found ONE all year.. then I had to pay $10 for it! Great finds! Maybe I will have to wander over to Lowes and Home Depot tomorrow to see if they have anything on clearance.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sadly most of lowes discount plants here belong in the dumpster... They're usually so near death and only half off that it's not worth it :( like the orchid plant that I saw that I thought was a stick in the dirt was still $6....

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I searched Lowes today also, but their clearance plants were nowhere. Near as nice as what you got...JEALOUS!

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Haha. Cool. I work at Lowes almost all my plants in my yard came off the clearence rack! I have the same hibiscus tree i bought a couple weeks ago for $6. At my lowes our garden manager will often sell the entire rack for a package price. Usually around $30.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
That's so awesome! I did that last year, maybe I should swing by ours and see if I can find some goodies...

cyan said:
I went to my local Lowes and hit the jackpot! Clearance plants everywhere. These cost me a total of $20.00, and that includes the almost 5 ft hibiscus!!! There are 4 spider plants (2 are large hanging baskets), 2 hostas, 4 "grow your own salad" mixed salad greens, one succulent hanging basket and the hibiscus. This makes me and the torts very happy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.