Elsa's Summer Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It's 8 x 12 with 1/2 inch hardware cloth all around including sunk 6 inches into the ground. The plants were only just installed and will get bigger, and I will obviously have hanging baskets of flowers on the basket hooks. I also have other surprise embellishments planned!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
wellington said:
That looks great. Funny though how small she is in the big house:D

Yeah, I know. But both the hubby and I have difficulty bending, so a regular lower tortoise enclosure wouldn't work very well for us. Hubby is threatening to put panels on it and making it into an outdoor work shed for himself! :rolleyes:

ulkal

5 Year Member
Thats cool. Could you theoretically move it around?Or is it fixed to the ground?

kjr153

5 Year Member
You should have put wheels on the bottom so when all of that grass is gone you can wheel it to the next spot :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow. That is really really nice. Well done. Elsa is one lucky tortoise!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
ulkal said:
Thats cool. Could you theoretically move it around?Or is it fixed to the ground?

The guy who built it for us said it IS movable. It is NOT fixed to the ground. All we'd have to do is pull up the hardware cloth that is buried around the perimeter and it could be picked up and moved. I don't know what you could actually USE to move it with, though, given it's dimensions it must be pretty heavy.
And yes, wheels would have been REALLY cool and useful! :)

Oh, yes- and Elsa still has growing to do. She's an Eastern Hermann's and is still just a kid at 5 and 1/2 inches long. She'll end up 8+ inches long when she's grown, so her Villa won't look QUITE so big, but should still be plenty roomy.

ulkal

5 Year Member
It probably is. But I guess it will be some time before Elsa runs out of grass. :D

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thanks again! I really appreciate all the guidance and support I've gotten here!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.