Plant for indoor inclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcgriff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Need some help find some plants to go in my red foot inclosure that will not be toxic an can handle the humidity and that I can find for sale.

Thanks

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I like Pothos, (epipremnum aureum),and Malagana,( xanthosoma). They both like moisture, and will survive in low light, also they are native to the areas where red foot tortoise's are found in the wild. Len

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I also use lots of Pothos. My little one loves to sit under them, after I mist them. I also throw in some Spring mix seeds and they love to eat the little sprouts coming up. Small Rose of Sharon plants, from seeds. If you need any in a few weeks I can send you all you want. Begonia and pansies are great in the Spring. Apider plants, Sweedish Ivy. I pull up some dandelion and plant that, but it doesn't last too long. They eat that right down to the soil. Ferns....asperagus fern, boston fern, staghorn fern. This is a great site that I've been using forever for my Cherries and box turtles too.
http://www.africantortoise.com/edible_landscaping.htm

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Hey terry... If your offer extends beyond the op I'd love some seeds to plant in Darwin's cage. Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.