Pictures of Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
So..... I got turtle stink eye from Rusty. He is jealous that everything is about the babies or Lou, so this one is for Mr. Rusty the dude!

Finally she is poking that black thing at me, lookout Hollywood here I come!
S7305625.jpg

Ok Mom......I love you again, aren't I handsome!
S7305626.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Rusty just wanted you to share the picture love.... great photo's..

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
he reminds me of my old ornate (some one stole him/her) out of my back yard

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Beautiful little boxie. I can't wait until mine are all up from hibernation. Yes, I love how they look like they are smiling too.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I'm starting to really like these little guys.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Peter, he is awesome and full of personality! He does NOT like to be inside at all. At night when he is inside he sleeps in a texas toast garlic bread box. LOVES the box for some reason, whatever floats his boat! So we save the boxes and when one wears out we get him another. He's a hoot!!

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
so why is Rusty named Rusty if Rusty is female? or maybe i'm the only one who gives names for reasons that describe the individuals? Franklin is called Franklin not because he resembles the cartoon turtle but was named by my wife. Atsila Daksi (Fire Turtle) is named for the pattern on her (i think) shell. Shelly because of her shell, same goes for Sheldon (Shell Don as in Lord or gentleman in Spanish speeking countries). Selu Daksi (Corn Turtle) for she loves corn. Dotty is named for her spots instead of the stripes or bloches typical of EBT. Chomper is named Chomper because of being a Eastern Snapper Turtle. Terry comes from Terrapin in the species name. Malissa is sort of de-rived from Malaclemys. The Spotted Turtle has no name but i'm leaning towards Beaded Man (spots= beads male=man)

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Rusty is a male, and my son named him Rusty because his eyes and his front legs are a reddish color. I wanted to name him Dracula!! Sadly, there is no profound reason behind our names here, just a name that looks like it fits, or sounds cute, or was picked by a child! LOL!! I do love the names you have chosen, they have meaning, I like that, very cool.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
oh okay that makes sence your first post say she thats why i asked about the name. thanks two of the names are from one of my anscestral languages Tsalagi (Cherokee), i'm also part Mexica (Aztec) but i used a Spanish term

Status
Not open for further replies.