Green Chain Link Safe?

ztgbrawler3

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Hebron, KY
Hey all, finally getting around to finishing my outdoor RedFoot enclosure now that it's warming up. I'm going to use chain-link fencing in conjunction with a stone wall in order to make this thing predator proof. I have an opportunity to acquire some vinyl-coated green chain link fence fabric for free. I just have to go pick it up, and it'll be more than enough to finish my project. I think the green will blend in nicely with my surrounding landscaping, and anyone who's used chain link knows that this type won't get all rusty and nasty-looking after a few years.

My question is this: has anyone had any issues with or know anyone who's had issues using the vinyl-coated chain link with their torts? I know them finding food depends a lot on their sense of smell, so I don't think they'll try to eat it. But then again, I probably shouldn't be too surprised if they try a test bite either, lol.

If anyone thinks this type of chain link fabric will be an issue, feel free to chime in. Thanks!chainlink.jpg

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sweet Home Chicago
I'm not sure about the chain link if it has vinyl coating. My Tort tries to eat everything - including the pattern on a piece of cloth. She's not the smartest but I love her.