Photos of Rosie's DIY Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Sooo I know it's been a while since I posted. I tried updating my thread ( http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-57597.html#axzz2ChW9lfux ) that was showing my tortoise enclosure's progress but decided to start a new thread to show the finished/near-finished enclosure. Also, my phone wouldn't let me post in that thread any more for some reason.

rosiepen.jpg

The lid is in the process of getting final painting coats. The bottom still needs a few touch-ups in a few spots from moving it in.

I'm still going to put in a plastic liner and some substrate in, but I did put some plants (and Rosie) in it for the picture.

My boyfriend's almost got the thermostat thing he built programmed.. it should all be put together after Thanksgiving since my bf and I both have the time off work to finish it. Just thought I'd share an update for now! :D

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
This looks so great, and look at all the space little Rosie will have! Lucky little tort. Good job building it!

Any reason why you're putting a lid on? Should be fine without a lid, you can hang the lamps from above...

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
We have a lid because she's a redfoot and needs the extra heat/humidity. And to make it dog-proof. Seriously, this thing is built like a fort and our 100 pound lab couldn't even get into it (or see over it), which is good because he would if given the chance.

Right now she has an MVB bulb and a heat bulb and a space heater to keep her temps at 80-84 during the day and 75-80 at night but they are constantly running. The lid also has the control system built into it as well as fans to circulate air, and will have plexi-glass front doors for access. If she were a sulcata or russian we'd probably not have it covered (or half covered), but since she requires high humidity/heat we figure this is easiest to prevent from losing all the moisture and heat into the room.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
More pics! Put in some peat moss but will also be adding cypress mulch. I let her stomp around in it and she loved it! Not leaving her in it just because there's no heat-source or uv source installed yet.

From the front:
dirtypen1.jpg

From the end:
dirtypen2.jpg

Kate

5 Year Member
So nice looking!! And what a good boyfriend to have too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.