Personality of Leopard

reticguy76

5 Year Member
I am confused on this site anymore. I can't get to it online and the app is waaayyyy different and weird to use. Can someone private message me to explain a little bit about the changes this site apparently went through

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Maybe the personality difference is more noticeable when their older but right now I don't see it.

This is correct. Usually sulcatas lose their "baby" behavior at around three years old. It varies. There are exceptions and there are generalities. Males are also usually a bit more "personable" than females too, but not always.

Burt0405

RImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412878298.286213.jpg this photo sums up my leopard torts personality he's a brat who refuses to take a bath and he seems fairly intelligent he knows the difference between me and my roommates all ready so don't believe that breeder! Most animals will develop personality if given the chance

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
H
RView attachment 99465 this photo sums up my leopard torts personality he's a brat who refuses to take a bath and he seems fairly intelligent he knows the difference between me and my roommates all ready so don't believe that breeder! Most animals will develop personality if given the chance
hehe, Duke, my leopard, does the same thing. I had to get him a "tub" with taller sides. I swear at this point my leopards have more personality then my sulcatas do.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I have the "normal mutt" Tom is referring to. Levi has characteristics from both sides.
He's a pretty rock yet has the most freckled skin I've seen.
He is ok around me but withdraws into his shell if others approach him.
All his scutes have a single dot but he's already 10" at 2.5 years old.

@Elohi -Summer was raised with her brother Bumble Bee (now with @Jtort ) and they were both handled/cared for the same. Bumble Bee was one of the most outgoing Leopards I've ever had or ever seen! He was constantly active, all over the place, investigating everything and hid for no one! (The kids wanted to name him Curious George because of it but I veto that name). But summer was never like that... how you describe her is how I experienced her too. Not a shy one that stays hidden..but cautious, reserved and far from a "curious george". So isn't it interesting that these 2 had different behavior despite being raised together and cared for the same?