Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

north 1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster, PA
Along with veggies, does anyone also have a dish of pellet food for their pancake tortoise? I use Pep-co Tortoise food as a side dish for my Russian and Hinged-back tortoises, does anyone use it for their pancake tortoises?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
My pancakes won't even Mazuri! Mine are picky - they love fresh greens, but will begrudgingly eat some weeds and rose/grape/mulberry and hibiscus leaves.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've put Mazuri mush in on top of the weeds for mine. I've never seen any on their faces, but it does go away…maybe just mashed into the substrate though.

mrlax

5 Year Member
San Francisco, CA
We have a pancake (about 16 months) and a marginated hatchling, and we feed them the same things but no veggies at all. The majority of foods that we give them are home-grown weeds using this mix:
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/TestudoMix , and we grow wheat grass and petunias, and give them other home grown things from time to time. We also feed them store-bought dandelion greens, arugula, and kale/collard greens during the week, but this might make up 1/3 or less of each meal offered.

We have had great results with the ZooMed grassland tortoise pellets. We use some in every meal- first moistened, then crumbled and mixed in with their meal. Anyways, hope this helps.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I use the ZooMed for grassland species well moistened and mixed in with grocery greens, fresh cut or dry-moistened grass, hibiscus, mulberry, nasturtium, cucumber vine, and sedum. I also use Layena Sunfresh layer crumbles.

On a dry weight basis the ZooMed and Layena SunFresh is about 25% of the diet. I moisten both of these with pure Aloe juice, a native plant food for pancakes.

Will

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
I use spring mix with Mazuri and Grassland mush spread over the leaves. They took a while to eat it, but now they love the stuff on their greens.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
I have used grassland and mazuri-they prefer grassland thus far but still prefer their greens to the other foods.
I think its useful though if they eat a little of the commercial food in case you need to up their weights and its good to have on hand.
Favourite food is shaved cacti pads

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
How often do you provide the mazuri or grassland?

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.