Paul....The movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I planned my son's 12th birthday party about 10 days ago and the plan is to go out to eat then see the movie Paul. He invited about 10 friends. Well last night my husband says "isn't that rated R?"
So now I am calling parent that bothered to RSVP to let them know that it is rated R. I read the reviews and it said other than using the F-word it is not bad.

Now my question~Would you let your 12 year old see this movie? I am just curious. I respect people that have strickter rules than I have.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
if you know how the movie rating system works, I don't always trust those ratings myself. A company can submit and submit a movie dozens of times if need be and get different ratings. I am a fan of simon pegg I think he is a pretty good actor, you could always go see the movie yourself first and then decide from there. I suspect that the movie's humor is a lot of fart and probe type of jokes. If I had a 12 year old i would probably let him/her see it, if they wanted to.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Looks funny!! I would let my 11 year old girl see it and we are pretty strict. It is no worse than movies from the 80's that are rated PG. Have you ever noticed the language in ET or the Goonies??!!!

Happy Birthday to your son!!! Hope he has a great party.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am already planning to see let him see it. I was just curious how other parents felt. I didn't want to ask on F/B because the whole town would know LOL! Sometimes living in a small town is great sometimes not so great.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am already planning to see let him see it. I was just curious how other parents felt. I didn't want to ask on F/B because the whole town would know LOL! Sometimes living in a small town is great sometimes not so great.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Don't bother going to see Paul! It is not very good, has way more cussing than any movie I have ever seen, and has an anti Christian message. So I guess I won't be getting that Mother of The Year award this year. Oh well....maybe next year.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Thank's for the reveiw I will not be going to see that movie

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Yikes, thanks for the warning!! I hope everything else went smoothly for you!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Oh it went as well as an outing with Twelve 11 and 12 year old boys can go. The kids had fun and I haven't gotten any calls from parents complaining. The one thing I can say is there was no sex or nudity. It was more like playgroung potty mouth talk.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Angi said:
I planned my son's 12th birthday party about 10 days ago and the plan is to go out to eat then see the movie Paul. He invited about 10 friends. Well last night my husband says "isn't that rated R?"
So now I am calling parent that bothered to RSVP to let them know that it is rated R. I read the reviews and it said other than using the F-word it is not bad.

Now my question~Would you let your 12 year old see this movie? I am just curious. I respect people that have strickter rules than I have.

Looks like a fun movie...and very few 12-yos are unaware of the "F-bomb" (although I preferred my kids, at that age, to refrain from using it around me...)

Yeah, I'm taking my daughter's BF's kids (my "potential grandkids" to see it soon)...no problem. :cool:

Angi said:
Don't bother going to see Paul! It is not very good, has way more cussing than any movie I have ever seen, and has an anti Christian message. So I guess I won't be getting that Mother of The Year award this year. Oh well....maybe next year.

Anti-Christian message? Like the alledgedly "Anti-Christian message" from Harry Potter?

Status
Not open for further replies.