the movie' DISTRICT 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
my father let me borrow a dvd. district 9. i have never seen it before. OMG! i will look at shrimp the same way. that movie could give you nightmares. he thinks its funny to scare me!(my dad) tonite he gave me one called THE STRANGERS, i dont think i trust him on this one! 'lol' lindy

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
District 9 was awesome......mother nature at her finest ....and I have heard of the other...but can not recall if I have seen it...I never know if I have seen a movie until the first five minutes...lol....you have no idea how many times I have re rented the same movie only to out it in and go...ah crap, i've seen this....I am horrible on remember movies.....have fun watching it though...sounds like it could be WAY creepy...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ever see Killer Klowns From Outer Space? That one gave me nightmares when I was 5. But now it's dumb.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
I absolutely loved District 9! It is one of my favorites! You are right about not looking at shrimp in the same way.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Neal said:
Ever see Killer Klowns From Outer Space? That one gave me nightmares when I was 5. But now it's dumb.

yes, seen its years ago. still makes me laugh. i could seen the clowns getting to people though. funny.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I don't know why, but the movies that the movie critics HATE, I tend to like very much. District 9 was definitely one those movies,,can't say I loved it when I first watched it, but I have to watch it when it's on...haha.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
momo said:
my father let me borrow a dvd. district 9. i have never seen it before. OMG! i will look at shrimp the same way. that movie could give you nightmares. he thinks its funny to scare me!(my dad) tonite he gave me one called THE STRANGERS, i dont think i trust him on this one! 'lol' lindy

If you thought District 9 was scary then I definitely don't suggest watching The Strangers.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I liked it, a little preachy IMHO, and the board discussions about it made me laugh.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
HipsterTorts said:
momo said:

If you thought District 9 was scary then I definitely don't suggest watching The Strangers.
the guy , that wanted to eat the other guys arm, got to me. or in the lab, they wanted to take parts off the guy awake . thats messed up.i just watch the trailer for THE STRANGERS i am going to watch during the day.'lol'

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
I really liked District 9... so much in fact that I bought it on blu-ray. I've also seen Attack of the Killer Clowns! I think when I was a kid it was on HBO 10x a day! Hmmm.... off to Amazon to find it! :D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
We saw it in the theaters for my birthday when it came out, and planned on going out to eat afterwards. I made my wife go shopping with me somewhere nice just to decompress after it, and I am a guy who usually laughs at scary/creepy movies.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Couldn't stand District 9. Went to see it in the theater, and walked out after 20-30 minutes. Bad dialogue, slow plot-development, and worst of all, nauseating shaky cam. Probably won't ever see another Neill Blomkamp film again.

Status
Not open for further replies.