The three stooges movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
First let me state I am a huge fan of the 3 stooges, there is very little around today that makes me laugh so hard as they do. Second I did not put this in the movies section because I would to talk about this movie. Third let me say that I am in no way a fan of sean hayes and personally I don't find him very funny. With that being said I finally watched the trailer on youtube today, and I did not have high hopes. Well so far I am pleasantly surprised, I found the trailer funny, I even liked sean hayes as curly. I thought they did a wonderful job of casting the three stooges. My main concern is it may be over sexualized (is that a word?). So far they seem to keep the slapstick ( always funny), the casting was done very well, and besides the eyephone jokes, it seemed pretty darn good, I think if you go into this movie as a sort of homage to the three stooges instead of them trying to replace them you might enjoy it , of course the proof is in the pudding so I will wait until the movie comes out, and hold judgement until then. thanks for reading this and tell me your thoughts on the new movie. (fans and non fans alike).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never been a big fan of the stooges, but I always was amazed by their hi-jinx and wondered how they managed, in the heat of the moment, to actually miss each other in real life. For instance, when one of them pokes the other's eye. How on earth did they manage to not really poke the eye.

This curiosity of mine has actually ruined movies and TV westerns for me because I'm so involved with trying to see them "miss" when they're hitting each other.

I like Will Sasso, and I think he'll do a good job in the part. I don't know the other actors.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57339265-10391698/three-stooges-trailer-unveiled/

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
They kind of sound like the boys...
but you're right, we'll have to see what the movie is like. I hope they focus on their slapstick and getting into jams.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dmmj said:
First let me state I am a huge fan of the 3 stooges, there is very little around today that makes me laugh so hard as they do. Second I did not put this in the movies section because I would to talk about this movie. Third let me say that I am in no way a fan of sean hayes and personally I don't find him very funny. With that being said I finally watched the trailer on youtube today, and I did not have high hopes. Well so far I am pleasantly surprised, I found the trailer funny, I even liked sean hayes as curly. I thought they did a wonderful job of casting the three stooges. My main concern is it may be over sexualized (is that a word?). So far they seem to keep the slapstick ( always funny), the casting was done very well, and besides the eyephone jokes, it seemed pretty darn good, I think if you go into this movie as a sort of homage to the three stooges instead of them trying to replace them you might enjoy it , of course the proof is in the pudding so I will wait until the movie comes out, and hold judgement until then. thanks for reading this and tell me your thoughts on the new movie. (fans and non fans alike).

HUGE fan of The 3 Stooges, so I've mixed feelings about this new movie...can this new flick be as wonderful as the real thing?

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Here's my Stooges connection....

My house was built in 1939 by a man named Harold Foy. He worked in the film industry as a "Foley" artist, which is a person that creates and records primitive sound effects.
In early 1941, he added a small room to the back of the garage to use as his recording studio. It is now part of my workshop for my guitar business (and a huge mess).
In that studio was recorded all the sound effects for the Three Stooges shorts, starting in the "Shemp" era, until some time in the early 1950's.
So when you hear Shemp getting clobbered over the head with a frying pan or rolling pin, it was recorded in my workshop.
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.