Pansy and dendelion frenzy!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I googled growing dandelion and found this for y’all;
To help boost germination rates, you may want to consider cold stratifying your seeds in the refrigerator for a week or so prior to planting seeds of dandelion. Given that dandelion seeds require light for germination, you will not want to completely submerge your seeds into soil – just lightly tamp, or press, the seeds into the soil surface. Another tip for good germination, and for a tastier crop, is to keep the planting area consistently moist throughout the season. Seedlings should appear within two weeks after the seeds are sown.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Dandelion Seed Growing: How To Grow Dandelion Seeds https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/dandelion/dandelion-seed-growing.htm

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The dandelions I've been most successful with have grown in poor soil e.g. old soil in used pots in the garden with no interference from me at all.
I just gather the fluffy heads and scatter them on the surface and leave them to do their own thing.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I’ve been most successful with dandelions just growing all over my yard. I don’t do anything special for them, I just harvest them. Same goes with all my broadleaf plantains.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I’m not sure were I read Yvonne respond to a thread to save those clear, hard plastic spring mix box’s for use as mini-greenhouses for growing graze in a window sill. Another good source would be take-out containers that have a clear top. I’ve got an idea, stop by here and I’ll give ya a stack. LOL