Pacing wall when no food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Is it normal that the tortoise will start to pace the glass wall of the terrarium when theres no good food? I tried to make it eat grassland diet by zoomed, but it won't eat it so i decided to feed nothing but that for three days, they barely ate any of it for these days, today i saw it pacing around the terrarium for smt else to eat. is this normal.

Thanks

Ps I ended up giving it some spring mix, they looked like pigs when they were eating, as if they haven't at for ages. :D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
try cover the first few inches of glass with paper, or something opaque so he/she can not see out.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
My leopards don't like the zoo med either, and pace when hungry. Try wetting the pellets and mix with the spring mix.

Radiated

5 Year Member
I did, they would pick out the spring mix and stop eating when its gone... it sucks. Hehe
They don't like mazuri either
tried many things

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Not every tortoise likes mazuri and or grass land. Remember they get very good at manipulating the humans who feed them, making you think they are hungry. I would also suggest covering the bottom so they can't see out.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmmj said:
No every tortoise likes mazuri and or grass land. Remember they get very good at manipulating the humans who feed them, making you think they are hungry. I would also suggest covering the bottom so they can't see out.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.