Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1998

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
It has just come to me that tortoises need to have and outside and inside enclosure right now I'm expanding my inside one and the outside enclosure is an absolotule rotten idea... I live in Scotland which rains quite a lot... And I don't have a back garden area ... However I do have a little area which is like a garden but doesn't have grass or fencing or trees.. It's just a space of concrete, I don't now if you can put your tort on concrete however I do have this for the tortoise which I will take out and put the torts out when the weather is good , here's a picture anyway
http://www.thetortoiseshop.com/tortoise-housing/outdoor-tortoise-run-outdoor-tortoise-run

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You really need to "soften" the concrete with a layer of mulch or similar. Too much racing around on concrete makes claws wear down fast and bleed. If you can create some sort of out door tortoise table, allowing for drainage, that will be much better than just placing that len on the concrete.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I would build a table or box or something that way you can get substrate down, make sure it has drains so no flooding goes on

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That is a very good start, but I agree with the above; add a wood base with drainage holes, an inch of gravel then substrate. Put it on some bricks or pavers to elevate it and allow for drainage.
Glad you are trying to get your tort outside, even a few hours is helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.