Tortoise tables and outside enclosures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYTG

5 Year Member
i would build my own, however i know nothing about what they need to be like, so ive been looking around and these seem to be the best i can find. are the any good? i would deffinatly buy the outdoor run, and the 'tables' look good. would they be any use?
about building one, is it really that hard? im terrible at anything thing DIY, and a complete novice at tortoises, so would i just be better of buying one?

thanks in advance.

and the link, which i had to find - http://www.thetortoiseshop.com/products/tortoise_housing.html?gclid=CPm-1I2k2KgCFcod4QodjxDIAg

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
RE: Tortoise tables and outside ensloures?

what kind of tortoise do you have?
These things are usually a waste of money and smaller then you really should have or need.
You should be able to find some other links here in the enclosure section that show what people do and use.. Some are fancy, others are very simple, but just as practical.
Cinder Blocks for outside, or 1x12 boards in a square, for inside, a book case layed on it back works great.

NYTG

5 Year Member

as of now i don't have one at all, which is why im looking into buying, and have no idea what to buy! i will probably be housing a hermanns tortoise though.
would i be better of buying an outdoor enclose, or building one?
as i'm in the UK, i can see him being inside a lot due to the cold, so will he need a uv light? of course, when weather permits, he'll be outside. or at least that is what i'm assuming.
sorry my complete inexperience, any help will be much appreciated.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA

Jacob

5 Year Member
California

A BookCase Or Shelf Is Your Best Bet, Unless You Wanna Build One :)

Status
Not open for further replies.