outdoor pen while raining

Torttortph

Location (City and/or State)
大阪市浪速区幸町
is it okay to leave our tortoise during rainy season or put them back in indoor enclosure? Tried to leave them out for awhile, some would go in and out the enclosure, some would just stay outside getting wet by rain.

Outdoor pen has an enclosure with a CHE and UVB ( automatic thermostat controller UVB set from 6am-6pm, CHE set at 33-35deg C all day)
Enclosure substrate: Reptibark

Current temp during rain: 26-27deg C

Tortoise in the outdoor pen are 5-8 inches
Type of tortoise in the pen:
Burmese (5-6 inches)
Aldabra (5-6 inches)
Sulcata (5-7 inches)
Radiata (6 inches)
Leopard (6 inches)

Photo of our outdoor pen:
20200730_175308.jpg

Last edited:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My tortoises love the rain when it’s not cold. Do you have all of these tortoises in the same pen?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The answer to this question has a lot of variables. First, where are you? Not many of us can read the language that you have for your location. Second, how much of the time is it rainy and over cast compared to sunny and warm.

For all of those tortoises, I would recommend a large indoor closed chamber for each species most of the time, and then a large outdoor enclosure for when the weather is nice. I would not put them outside full time until they are a little bit bigger.

Species should NEVER be mixed. You will be lucky if any of them survive what you've done there.

Tortoises should never live in pairs either. I see from your other threads you seem to have two of everything.

Tortoises do not need UV lamps when they are living outside.

CHEs are okay for smaller tortoises, but once yours put on some size, you will need to find other heating strategies. CHEs and heat lamps will burn the top of the carapace of larger tortoises, and not let them get warm enough at their core.

I hope this info will help you and your tortoises. Your questions are welcome.

Here is more info on how to house and raise these species:

qiangzhu

Washington
The answer to this question has a lot of variables. First, where are you? Not many of us can read the language that you have for your location. Second, how much of the time is it rainy and over cast compared to sunny and warm.

For all of those tortoises, I would recommend a large indoor closed chamber for each species most of the time, and then a large outdoor enclosure for when the weather is nice. I would not put them outside full time until they are a little bit bigger.

Species should NEVER be mixed. You will be lucky if any of them survive what you've done there.

Tortoises should never live in pairs either. I see from your other threads you seem to have two of everything.

Tortoises do not need UV lamps when they are living outside.

CHEs are okay for smaller tortoises, but once yours put on some size, you will need to find other heating strategies. CHEs and heat lamps will burn the top of the carapace of larger tortoises, and not let them get warm enough at their core.

I hope this info will help you and your tortoises. Your questions are welcome.

Here is more info on how to house and raise these species:
It looks Osaka in Japan