Outdoor enclosure

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Started this about a month ago for my 10 mth Sulcata, Harper, & my RT, Martha.
My broadleaf seeds have really started to come in good & we are getting out at least two hours a day so far.
Still need something for a "Bird" guard yet as I do have a lot of hawks & eagles in the area. They are not left unattended yet. The plan is that once Sully gets a little bigger, she will get the spare barn & about a 1/4 acre to her (or his) self & Martha will get all this. Please feel free to comment & add suggestions :)

Harpers section here is 8x14 & 3x16 in the back part. Martha has 7 x 14.

npjv5d.jpg

2hz4mky.jpg

Harper's is L shape
24bvrj7.jpg

Harper really likes this log
2466v45.jpg

Martha
2vv4zft.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree with Harper, that log is awesome!! :) Question on the third picture, in Martha's enclosure there is a wire wall it looks like? I know you watch them out there and you do have some lipping on the corners, but... if you ever got called away, it looks like Martha could quickly scale that wire fencing, get onto the cement blocks, and go around the blocking block that is on Harper's side and maybe get out before you would get back. At this point Harper isn't big enough to harm Martha, but it also puts Martha that much closer to being able to scale the last wall and fence to get out. (I am paranoid what can I say? *blushes*).

Love Martha's hides, too. Also loving all the green stuff growing. I might myself want to put in a bush or two and/or a vine to give more shaded areas.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Yep, martha can climb it. I watched her do it. I have the wood to replace but time has gotten away from us. Hopefully next weekend. I planted a few rose of sharons in there & marthas area is pretty shaded by the house most of the day. I have a couple planter hibiscus in there too that are not pictured. Just added starts of squash as well. Grow baby grow :)

Attachments

• rbzlt1.jpg
    rbzlt1.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 19