Outdoor enclosure

Thez

Location (City and/or State)
Tunbridge Wells
So I've had my tortoise for a couple of months now, and I'm thinking that I want to build her an outdoor enclosure so she can get pure sunshine next summer. The thing is, I don't have a
garden- I have a terrace. I never really go out on it but if I cleaned it up there would be enough space for a relatively large enclosure. However, is the fact I don't have grass (or really any greenery on the terrace) a problem? Would concrete not be a bit uncomfortable for her? Also, I am out for a good fraction of the day and if it suddenly started raining while she was in the outdoor enclosure would she be okay? I would have a proper cover on one end of it incase of rain, but is this good enough?
Any knowledge would be appreciated, thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can you get some low sided trays, like boot trays and line a bunch of them up and plant grass seeds? You can even line it with a tarp and bring in some orchid bark as a substrate. You don't have to do all of it but maybe half. The bark or grass would give it a break from only cement but the cement will be good on its nails, helping to keep them short and also if you fed other foods on the cement it would keep her beak filed down.
If you give her a hide or yes, cover a portion of the terrace, she will be fine if it rained.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It would have to be properly set up to ensure safety and protection from either overheating or flooding. What species and size is your tortoise?