Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That looks great!

I taped the seam for Dudley's new shed's floor too. I used Gorilla tape and it holds real well.

I see what you mean about the waterer. Having it outside, you just dump it, but in the basement it's a problem. You're so inventive to get a wet/dry vac to take care of the job.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would make sure the table is attached to the wall or floor so he can't try to tip it over. Also some coconut coir would help soak up any pee, unless you want to just use the wet vac to clean it up. Looks great btw

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I would make sure the table is attached to the wall or floor so he can't try to tip it over. Also some coconut coir would help soak up any pee, unless you want to just use the wet vac to clean it up. Looks great btw
I have been using a big wet dry vac to clean the floor & the little one for the water dish. Working good so far. The table is pretty solid for now, we tried to tip it & move it around to see if it would hold. But as he gets bigger though I do worry about that.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
That looks great!

I taped the seam for Dudley's new shed's floor too. I used Gorilla tape and it holds real well.

I see what you mean about the waterer. Having it outside, you just dump it, but in the basement it's a problem. You're so inventive to get a wet/dry vac to take care of the job.
Yep I used the Gorilla tape too. Works fantastic.

Prairie Mom

Has Hugo tried to bite the flooring or anything like that? Is it tough enough to handle some sulcata claws? (mine really likes to dig around).

Also, how are your plants doing with the lighting you have set up?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Has Hugo tried to bite the flooring or anything like that? Is it tough enough to handle some sulcata claws? (mine really likes to dig around).

Also, how are your plants doing with the lighting you have set up?
Plants are doing great! Surprisingly for me.......that floor is tough. Hugo hasn't ripped it yet and he really hasn't troed to bite it that I can see. I did add substrate to his hide box so je does have a place to dig in.

Prairie Mom

Plants are doing great! Surprisingly for me.......that floor is tough. Hugo hasn't ripped it yet and he really hasn't troed to bite it that I can see. I did add substrate to his hide box so je does have a place to dig in.
Good to know! Thanks:)