Outdoor enclosure

izzybizzy89

Location (City and/or State)
Kent, UK
Hi

Could I please get some feedback for the layout of our tortoise enclosure? The size is 6 feet by 12 feet. We only got Sidney last week so very new to having a tortoise but keen to learn as much as I can.

20230708_151428.jpg
20230708_151422.jpg
Thanks
Nat

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. I think your enclosure looks good. Nice tortoise too.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
that looks great! I would add in more/different hides and/or larger plants for it to hide under so it has more than just its box as a place to go for shade... I'm envious how green you have it there...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That looks great! Is it a Greek tortoise? I like how you've placed rocks around the fence to discourage digging. It's a nice size too.

izzybizzy89

Kent, UK
Thank you everyone for your very helpful comments. We think she is a Greek tortoise. She is going to an exotic vet on Tuesday to find out more regarding age and confirming her breed. We did have a semi circle bit of log bark as a hide but she climbed on it and slid off so no longer have that as don't want her hurting herself. I am trying to find an alternative hide that she won't climb on.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This looks great! I'd add more bushes to hide under and get shade, and while this enclosure size is adequate, I'd want to go bigger for a tortoise of this size.

Also, if you added a radiant heat panel and a thermostat to the shelter, you could get the tortoise out there earlier in spring, and keep it out there later into fall.