Leopard Tortoise Outdoor Enclosure

Laurence

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
I have read many threads both in this forum and outside regarding cococoir and cocopeat and other coco forms. I have a lot of dried coconut husk which are the raw form of these coco products mentioned and is fed to the machines to produce these other products. Would that be okay for an outdoor enclosure substrate mixed with soil for a leopard tortoise enclosure? Enclosure is 4.5 feet by 4.5 feet by 3 feet so this method will save me a lot as I do plan to change frequently.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
An outdoor enclosure does need added substrate, just use what's naturally there.
A 4x4 is only good for a hatchling. Hatchings should not live outside but in a closed chamber as they need high humidity. If the outside if just for short stays outside then the 4x4 is fine as long as it's a hatchling, upto about a year or two.

Laurence

Philippines
An outdoor enclosure does need added substrate, just use what's naturally there.
A 4x4 is only good for a hatchling. Hatchings should not live outside but in a closed chamber as they need high humidity. If the outside if just for short stays outside then the 4x4 is fine as long as it's a hatchling, upto about a year or two.
Hes around 4 to 5 inches

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
To live in since i read a foot of space per inch.
And you read that where?
I had a 4x4 for my hatchling leopard that I down sized to 4x2 until she was around 2. Then I gave her the whole 4x4. By 3 years it was too small and she was sold.