Outdoor Enclosure - const. still underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Hello! I've been busy with wedding plans but made this weekend all about Betty's outdoor enclosure. My lovely fiance took me to home depot & patiently wheeled about the flat bed cart & then loaded up the bricks I decided on, got them home & then let me put them how I want them. They are not in the ground yet, we will be doing that later (he said something about needing a nap, geez!) and also will be working on capping the corners & a roof/lid to keep other critters out. It is 4 & 1/2 feet by 8 ft, and I plan on planting a few things in there for her too after the bricks get put in. But for today we got a start on it and she got to spend all afternoon outside being a tortoise :D Here are a few pics, I will try to post a video too.

BettysDayOut046.jpg

BettysDayOut045.jpg

BettysDayOut043.jpg

BettysDayOut036.jpg

BettysDayOut010.jpg

BettysDayOut008.jpg

BettysDayOut038.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It looks pretty nice, and very roomy, but I'm a little worried the sides might not be tall enough. Also, that one section looks like it may fall over allowing Betty to escape.

Do you have a date set for the wedding?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
She is one of the prettiest Russians I have ever seen. SO unique!! I love her big eyes too :)

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I stayed out there with her today, we will bury the stones a ways to stabilize them before she's left out unattended. We are also going to get a roof for it before she's left out by herself. That's on the honey do list for tomorrow :) I've thought about the height part too, will see how it looks after we start getting them in the ground. If we have to redo it we will. The bricks were only $20 for the whole lot of them and can always take them back if it's not going to work. Thank you for watching out for things my excitement could miss :)

Wedding date is August 13! Fast approaching and I'm getting very excited :D

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That is a good price. I wonder if you could secure them on top of another layer of something else to get some height?
You may want to re route the gutter pipe, but there are flexible attachments to do that, shouldn't be a problem.
Looks like a nice, sunny area!
your tort is adorable and I am sure very happy to be outside!

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I didn't think about the guttering, I will add that to the list - Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.