Out from hibernation

jaksmac2

Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth
Hi my name is Jackie,
I have 2, 8 year old Marginated Tortoises, I've had them since they were 6 months old from a breeder. I was told they were likely to be females, but found out later they were both males. They have today both woke up from being asleep for nearly 5 months. They both seem healthy, and enjoying the heat warming themselves up at present in an old rabbit hutch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi my name is Jackie,
I have 2, 8 year old Marginated Tortoises, I've had them since they were 6 months old from a breeder. I was told they were likely to be females, but found out later they were both males. They have today both woke up from being asleep for nearly 5 months. They both seem healthy, and enjoying the heat warming themselves up at present in an old rabbit hutch.
Hello and welcome Jackie.

We love tortoises here and always want to help them. Please give this thread a read through. It is for people new to the forum, not necessarily new to tortoises:

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I am near you in Launceston, Cornwall
Just down the road, then ! Our one tortoise ,Zola, is a Hermanns, and he is now 23 years old. We got him from Okehampton when he was a baby, and he has been a wonderful little companion and friend. He has never hibernated - he has his own heated conservatory, and we were reluctant to hibernate him as he had one or two health problems at first. He is fine now, and full of energy.
Your two look great - what are their names?
Angie

jaksmac2

Plymouth
Just down the road, then ! Our one tortoise ,Zola, is a Hermanns, and he is now 23 years old. We got him from Okehampton when he was a baby, and he has been a wonderful little companion and friend. He has never hibernated - he has his own heated conservatory, and we were reluctant to hibernate him as he had one or two health problems at first. He is fine now, and full of energy.
Angie
Hi Angie,
We got our 2 from a breeder in Taunton when they were 6 months old. We were told they were likely be female, and that they could live together as know if male they could fight when matured. They were called Poppy and Daisy. A few years ago we found out they were both males, so now they are called Dave and Donald. We started hibernating them at 3 years old when they were at a good size. It is always worrying after hibernating that they don't wake up. I am looking forward to the warmer weather when we can let them out into the garden. They have free roaming and it is a secure garden.
Angie
Hi Angie,

Our 2 are called Dave and Donald, when we purchased them from a breeder in Taunton 8 years ago we were told they would likely be female, they were called Poppy and Daisy. As they have matured they have not got on as well, we are going to get another box for one to go into to separate them.