Hi nice to meet u all xx

Clairclairy

Hi my name is Clair and I'm the proud owner of three beautiful tortoise, I have two marginated and one leopard, they are all around two yrs old, not sure about the leopard as I was give that one from a cousin of mine, but I've had the other two since they were 3 months old, they are called squirt, terrence and shelby please feel free to message me and give any advice, the two marginated there is 3 months age difference but one is much larger than the other, does anybody know why this is please thanks guys xx

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If kept together the bigger one could be bullying the smaller one and taking it's share of the food. Also all tortoises grow at different rates even under identical conditions.

Clairclairy

Hi G-star the smaller one is the boss lol he can be a little monkey at times, I was wondering if it could be that they are different sex???? Thanks x

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I have never owned a marginated. But your right in some species one gender is bigger than the other.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . My marginals are very very close to the same size and they are a pair . I've had them about 8 years . It sounds like some bulling to me it may be just looking .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Clair, and welcome to the forum!

Clairclairy

Hi guys I'm open to any advice u have to offer, I might have had my babies for two yrs but I'm always willing to hear how other people do things like hybernating them that scares me, I'm so worried I will do it wrong xx