Noob in MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
Hello everyone. I'm new to torts, but grew up in a part of the world where finding box turtles were a common part of childhood. I even had a red eared slider for a while, before my parents rightly decided that I wasn't ready for pets and packed it off to a new home. Now that I'm 30-something and have plenty of experience with dogs, cats, horses, and the occasional reptile under my belt I'm getting ready to take the leap into torts. I stumbled across TortoiseForum by accident and it has been a valuable resource as I try doing my due diligence before bringing home an animal. I'm looking forward to becoming an active participant.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Glad to hear you had an "accident". :D Just be warned, this is one accident (TFO) and one illness (tortoise caretaking) that seldom you will get over, infact most folks get a much worse case. :D Do you have an idea or two as to what kind(s) of tortoise you may be interested in?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Welcome to the forum, I grew up in Maryland ( PG Co) I'm twice your age and know very well about finding box turtles.There are a lot of good people here, with a tremendous amount of information to help you with whatever type of tortoise you decide on getting.

AllCoExPat

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking primarily at Russians, though I haven't ruled out a Greek. I like the idea of starting out with something thats a little more hearty and has a better tolerance for noob keeper mistakes.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Your lucky you found this forum first. There are lots of us that didn't find it until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.