Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando Florida
Hello, I am new to the forum, though I have been following the posts for about 4 month now in pursuit of knowledge/happiness; I have already learned so much.
Here are my torts: Photo 12.jpgPhoto 3 (3).jpgPhoto 5.jpg
1.0.0 Greek Ibera (Eddie)
1.1.0 Russians (Houdini & Nona)
0.0.1 redfoot (picture coming soon, Jazz is it's name)
This forum is awesome, and I am very thankful for it, as the info gleaned from prior owners and pet stores would surely have lead to disaster down the road.

I live on an acre, not fenced, in Central Florida (East Orlando). Currently 93 degrees each day, with rain in the afternoons. My land is pretty high and dry, though I do have one slightly low spot I am working on for my daughter's redfoot for when it is bigger. In the winters, it rarely gets below 40 degrees, though there are a handful of days that it may get down into the 30's or 20's. I am going to buy containers for the garage for such days. I still have some work to do on my pens, but have 2 that are predator/escape proof.
My Russians were in a pet store aquarium, and as soon as I introduced them to their outdoor pen, their personalities became much happier. They were very distinct while indoors, and tolerated the small space rather unhappily. Now, they are thriving, and come out when I call them for feedings. The female dominates the food dish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Just be sure the male Russian does eat. Maybe two separate food spots, so he is not bullied into not eating.

ShreksMom

5 Year Member
FL
Hi Irish and welcome. I too am in East Orlando, or will be in just over a week. This is an awesome place for help and knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.