Newbie coming through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Austin, TX
Hello group. I am Stacy from Austin, TX and I am the proud momma of the little russians, Wally, Soup, and Tank. I have been on this site looking for answers and clues as how to best support my little ones many times and you guys have never let me down, so I thought it was time to jump in and register. :tort:

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Welcome to the forum! How are you housing them? Seperate or 1 large enclosure :)

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
They are in one large 9 ft outdoor enclosure. My husband built a habitat for me because I wanted a turtle for so many years but when I went to the pet store I fell in love with Wally and took him home. He looked so small and lonely so I went back to the store and purchased his other 2 buddies. I know they normally would not need anothers company but they seem okay so far with only one I have cought being mildly agressive.
The pet store had them in a small glass aquarium and although I saw them eating romaine I also noticed they fed them crickets, ewww! They are now eating a healthy diet of veggies and mixed greens with lots of space to exercise.I tried to post a pic on my first post but maybe I didn't do it right...

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
Oh I figured out how to post the pics...duh me. :p

Attachments

• tortoise2.jpg
    tortoise2.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 28
  • tortoise.jpg
    tortoise.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Which pet store did you get them from?

tortoise_man1

5 Year Member
Michigan
"The pet store had them in a small glass aquarium and although I saw them eating romaine I also noticed they fed them crickets, ewww! They are now eating a healthy diet of veggies and mixed greens with lots of space to exercise.",

Hello, welcome to the Forum :D
Feeding russian tortoises crickets this just shows how little the pet stores care. :(
I am glad to know that they are in a better home now :)

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
Thanks! I rescued them from a locally owned pet store called Partners Pets in Round Rock, they seemed like nice enough people but if I were a pet I would not want to live there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Stacy, and welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.