Newbie to the tortoise world

Status
Not open for further replies.

joder14

5 Year Member
Hey Everyone

Like I said in the subject line I am new to the tortoise world but I fell in love instantly. My husbands passion is snakes hence the 30+ in our our snake room. This however is not for me. I am really excited to add a Redfoot to our reptile family. I want to make sure I can provide everything possible to give my Redfoot a happy and healthy life. I live in Alberta Canada which presents its own set of issues example cold, low humidity, and lack of outdoor exposure for 9 months of the year. I am hoping to find other Tortoise keepers that have and raise tortoises in this sort of climate. I have read The Redfoot Manual by mike pingelton and found it very helpful. I am looking forward to meeting other people who keep, care for and love these amazing creatures. As well being a sponge and soaking up all the info I can get so I can bring home my new Redfoot.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) check out the tortoiselibrary.co It is one of our members site. There are lots of RF people here to help you. Not sure if in from where kind of climate. However, if you have the will and the means, you can make the proper home and climate. Good luck and don't forget pics when you find you little shelled friend.

ColorfulTortoise

5 Year Member
New England
Welcome! I would recommend going to the species specific section of the forum, click south American tortoises, then redfoots to learn more. Or you can find a redfoot tortoise care sheet using the TFO search engine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Joder14!

Status
Not open for further replies.