New Tort Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hmm. The link just sends me to a general page. I couldn't find anything on povidone iodine. I did search povidone iodine recall and it came up with a recall back in late august for H and P manufactured brands. The brand I bought (Up and Up from Target) is not manufactured by them I believe.

Thank you for the information regardless :)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Updates:

The povidone seems to be working well, and he is continuing to drink and poop during his soaks. He ate well today, although he was definitely more interested in the leftover turkey than the veggies. In fact, the only way I could get him to eat veggies period was to mix the chunks of turkey in.

He definitely has diarrhea, and I see bits of undigested greens and veggies. I'm currently keeping him at between 81-85 farenheit (petco's ambient heat was around 66-70 degrees with a heat mat that another tortoise was hogging, humidity about 35%) and about 70% ambient humidity. Any advice? I realize these problems won't correct themselves overnight, but a estimate would be extremely helpful to figure whether these problems are just husbandry issues or something worse.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Update 2 (would edit my last post but I passed the 30 minute mark):

I've heard eating Mazuri is a good way to firm up a stool, so I'm going to try that for a few days.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Monday Update: Things have taken a slight hopeful turn. This morning Harper only had trouble opening one of his eyes. When I checked on him an hour later both were open. Soaks are going well and he continues to poop and drink, then eat. Povidone treatment is going well. Stool wasn't as runny as yesterday but still needs work in the consistency, digestion, and color departments. I read somewhere that a tortoises food takes about 3-5 days to pass. Is this correct? If so than that means he's just getting to what I've been giving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.