FRIDAY THE REDFOOTS A BIT UNDER THE WEATHER.

Redeye

Hello all, meet FRIDAY my male Redfooted Tort. I have had him for about seven years now. Hew wqs 8 inches long when he was brought to me. Today he weighs 10 lbs and is 12 inches carapace length. Over the last week or so he has been a little off his feed and lethargic. My awesome wife Charleen told me he was dehydrated and sure enough his water supply had leaked down and he could not get to the water. We have had him inside the last couple days and have been soaking him in the sink and at bedtime we are putting him in a plastic tub lined with a beach towel and on top of a heating pad. We check him every few hours so no worries about overheating. If any of yall have Dr John Rossis book “ WHATS WRONG WITH MY TURTLE/ TORTOISE. The redfoot on the cover is FRIDAY. I will update as we progress and there may he a visit to see Dr Rossi just to make sure we keep our old boy a going.

0EDAB680-A450-4927-BA3F-40C433736798.jpegD043CD7E-51DC-4C06-B4FC-29EB7B67A414.jpegDFF403B1-54E6-4277-A6E8-35B3350A40D1.jpeg

Redeye

UPDATE ON FRIDAY--We took him to see Dr Rossi on Tuesday and he says it seems like he was dehydrated and also has a mild resp issue. He started him on a broad spectrum antibiotics and gave him some fluids too. I am now keeping him under a heat lamp inside the house for a few days and will be giving him his second injection of the meds this afternoon and to follow every three days with three more shots. I think he looks way better than he did a week ago and I am glad of that. Thanx for checking in on him.