New to turtles

dmiller1991

Hello all I have just recently acquired 3 young turtles from a family member. Really it was more of a rescue as she did not want them any more and she was contemplating releasing them and I said nope not gonna happen ( I believe they were captive bread and knew that if that was the case they most likely would not survive if released ) any how my husband and I decided to take them. We are from north eastern ohio and as far as the turtles go we have two yellow bellied sliders and a painted box (I think that's what it is anyway I just say painted my self lol). Even though I am new to turtles many of my family members have kept turtles in the past as well so I am fairly knowledgeable about the but will never say I am an expert lol. With that being said here is some pictures of their enclosure and them. Also if you have any comments questions or advice it will all be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

1470587721592.jpg 1470587738711.jpg 1470587766599.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

The turtles look pretty good. You did a nice thing to take them before your family member did something illegal (releasing them).

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello all I have just recently acquired 3 young turtles from a family member. Really it was more of a rescue as she did not want them any more and she was contemplating releasing them and I said nope not gonna happen ( I believe they were captive bread and knew that if that was the case they most likely would not survive if released ) any how my husband and I decided to take them. We are from north eastern ohio and as far as the turtles go we have two yellow bellied sliders and a painted box (I think that's what it is anyway I just say painted my self lol). Even though I am new to turtles many of my family members have kept turtles in the past as well so I am fairly knowledgeable about the but will never say I am an expert lol. With that being said here is some pictures of their enclosure and them. Also if you have any comments questions or advice it will all be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

View attachment 182736 View attachment 182737 View attachment 182738

Beautiful! Love their colours.

And a very warm welcome to the forum.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Very nice looking turtles.
A very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you all.

dmiller1991

Thanks for all the welcoming coments... I just added some more to the tank and I think it looks awesome what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 1470698249649.jpg
    1470698249649.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7