New to the TFO family

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knobs of KY
Hi! I have never joined a forum before, so I hope I don't get this all wrong :/ I am very excited to join TFO though! I have adored tortoises and turtles since I was a small child. I am also a major animal lover :) In my life I have been the proud Momma to the following species: cats, dogs, rats, mice, hedgehogs, degus, bettas, rabbits, horses, ferrets, guinea pigs, red eared sliders, box turtles, bearded dragons, fence lizards, geckos, toads, frogs and pretty much any creature that crosses my path :) I live in the country and I have a 'harm none, do what thy will' way of life (that I have passed on to my husband and son).

I am super excited to say that we will be adding a new lifelong member to our family in just over 2 months...a Sulcata hatchling :D

I have been doing extensive research (as I do with any beautiful creature) and I must say that I really love this site! I look forward to a rewarding and learning relationship with TFO :)

The current members of my family include:
6 cats, 1 ferret, 4 red eared sliders and three humans

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). We are happy to have you join us. Please, if you haven't already, read Toms threads below in my post. They all are great for raising a sully.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...from a sulcata owner myself..there are many challenges. But they are worth it. They make a great addition to your family. Please do lots of research before you get your new friend.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Moire, and welcome to the Forum!!

We have a couple of good articles for you to read before you get your new baby. Take a look at the "Important Threads" at the top of the Sulcata section.

And, as always, we're always happy to answer any questions you may have.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome to TFO

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Nedy

5 Year Member
Wichita, KS
Welcome! It sounds like you have a real love for all animals! Me too! You'll like it hear. I just joined a couple of months ago and haven't yet got through all the archives, but there's a wealth of knowledge shared there. I'm excited for you to start sharing about your Sulcata baby. How old will he be when you get him? And what area of the country do you live in?
MoireErin said:
Hi! I have never joined a forum before, so I hope I don't get this all wrong :/ I am very excited to join TFO though! I have adored tortoises and turtles since I was a small child. I am also a major animal lover :) In my life I have been the proud Momma to the following species: cats, dogs, rats, mice, hedgehogs, degus, bettas, rabbits, horses, ferrets, guinea pigs, red eared sliders, box turtles, bearded dragons, fence lizards, geckos, toads, frogs and pretty much any creature that crosses my path :) I live in the country and I have a 'harm none, do what thy will' way of life (that I have passed on to my husband and son).

I am super excited to say that we will be adding a new lifelong member to our family in just over 2 months...a Sulcata hatchling :D

I have been doing extensive research (as I do with any beautiful creature) and I must say that I really love this site! I look forward to a rewarding and learning relationship with TFO :)

The current members of my family include:
6 cats, 1 ferret, 4 red eared sliders and three humans

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
WOW! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :)

I have definitely been going through the threads and there is so much amazing info :) Definitely adding to the research I have already been doing and so much more!

As for the age of the sully I will be getting-I am not sure right now-all I know is that I am looking to get a female and she will probably be at least 4" (due to varying growth rates, an exact age will not be known until I get her) Maybe you all can help? What is the average age of a baby that is at least 4" in shell length?

Oh, I am located in Kentucky, in a mini 'mountain' or knobs area :) I have over 5 acres-plenty of grazing room and I plan on taking our new family member to near by forest parks once she gets big enough :) I promise that, like every creature that comes to me, she will be spoiled and very well taken care of :D

Also, we just completed building a nice turtle pond for our 4 red eared sliders on our property. Functionality of the pond was completed about a week and a half ago and they are loving it!! I am beginning the pondscaping and have been searching for good ideas that will help make their pond more of a paradise for them :)

I will attempt to post photos soon of our 4 sliders and their new pond (in beautifying construction) :)

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
MoireErin said:
WOW! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :)

I have definitely been going through the threads and there is so much amazing info :) Definitely adding to the research I have already been doing and so much more!

As for the age of the sully I will be getting-I am not sure right now-all I know is that I am looking to get a female and she will probably be at least 4" (due to varying growth rates, an exact age will not be known until I get her) Maybe you all can help? What is the average age of a baby that is at least 4" in shell length? HONESTLY, I will love either male or female :)

Oh, I am located in Kentucky, in a mini 'mountain' or knobs area :) I have over 5 acres-plenty of grazing room and I plan on taking our new family member to near by forest parks once she gets big enough :) I promise that, like every creature that comes to me, she will be spoiled and very well taken care of :D

Also, we just completed building a nice turtle pond for our 4 red eared sliders on our property. Functionality of the pond was completed about a week and a half ago and they are loving it!! I am beginning the pondscaping and have been searching for good ideas that will help make their pond more of a paradise for them :)

I will attempt to post photos soon of our 4 sliders and their new pond (in beautifying construction) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.