New to site and new Ibera greek tortoise owner Hello everyone!

RONALD WALTERS

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
Just adopted a 6 week old ibera greek tortoise. I didn't name him but people on social media namely facebook and instagram like the name "Apollo" (The wonder tortoise) I wonder if he's hungry I wonder if he slept good lol

he's eating his dinner right now so i had time to type this .....he tends to eat better when im not sitting there staring at him. Have a great day everyone :) I :<3::tort:

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaa.png
    aaaaaaaaaaa.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 15

ShellyTheTortoise71

:DHello! Welcome to the tortoise forum! You will definitely love being part of this community. You'll never find a better place to find all you need to know about torts.

Ps... Your tort is adorable!!!! ;)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Ronald, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Apollo.
Check out http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/greek-tortoise-testudo-graeca-care-sheet-overview.87146/
I have a Greek too, but she's a Moroccan.
Lovely tortoise, but the substrate looks a little dry, if you don't mind me saying.
What are you using, i'm afraid I don't like the look of the little white things in it either, some substrates have calcium bits or things in that encourage eating of the substrate, which is not good.
Beautiful tortoise.

RONALD WALTERS

Phoenix, Arizona
Hello, Ronald, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Apollo.
Check out http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
and http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/greek-tortoise-testudo-graeca-care-sheet-overview.87146/
I have a Greek too, but she's a Moroccan.
Lovely tortoise, but the substrate looks a little dry, if you don't mind me saying.
What are you using, i'm afraid I don't like the look of the little white things in it either, some substrates have calcium bits or things in that encourage eating of the substrate, which is not good.
Beautiful tortoise.

I'm currently using a 50/50 mix of organic potting mix and play sand. should I use something different I'm not quite sure of the exact humidity level I should be at but it dries alot quicker with me being in the hot desert. any suggestions when i change it this weekend

RONALD WALTERS

Phoenix, Arizona
I'm currently using a 50/50 mix of organic potting mix and play sand. should I use something different I'm not quite sure of the exact humidity level I should be at but it dries alot quicker with me being in the hot desert. any suggestions when i change it this weekend

The current humidity level is at 48 - 50%

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I use coco coir, which is great for holding moisture, others use cypress mulch or orchid bark which are good too.
No sand, it can cause impaction and all sorts of problems if ingested.
Humidity should be 65 to 75% in my opinion.

RONALD WALTERS

Phoenix, Arizona
I use coco coir, which is great for holding moisture, others use cypress mulch or orchid bark which are good too.
No sand, it can cause impaction and all sorts of problems if ingested.
Humidity should be 65 to 75% in my opinion.

Would it be cool to use a 50/50 mix of the coco coir and cypress mulch? I keep hearing bark is hard for them to walk on