New to being a two tort owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Yesterday I adopted a Greek tortoise from work, and I currently already have a Redfoot tortoise. Now that I have two, I was wondering what all you multiple tort owners do to ensure no cross contamination of bacteria or illness. Normally I soak my Redfoot in the bathtub, so I think I'm going to soak the Greek in a tub in the kitchen. I still need to make an outdoor pen for the Greek which I was going to do on the opposite end of the yard. Any tips would be great.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
When it comes to the soaking, that's a great idea. At the tortoise breeder that I went at, he didn't have his redfoot that far from the greek... But I guest for safety measure what your already thinking about sounds good to me.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Unfortunately, their enclosures are right on top of each other. But that's all I have and will only be temporary. As far as everything else goes I want to make sure I take all the extra precautions.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I soak my tortoises in plastic tubs from the dollar store. I labeled the tubs for the different species to have their own.

They have their own water dishes.

They are kept in seperate pens.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Status
Not open for further replies.