New Russian Tortoise Owner Sneaking Pet into College

TortelliniLover

So my new tortoise (Tortellini) and I are up a big adventure! Trying to avoid getting caught by college staff while still having the best life possible. Don't worry I fearlessly take her outside and all that. But yeah, tips and all that are greatly appreciated!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Good luck. You should make a double decker enclosure for him to have plenty of room. Read the cares sheet for adult Russians under the Russian section. Then have plans made for if you get caught, you have someone to take care of him for you

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
m1277.gif

TortelliniLover

Hello and Welcome. Good luck. You should make a double decker enclosure for him to have plenty of room. Read the cares sheet for adult Russians under the Russian section. Then have plans made for if you get caught, you have someone to take care of him for you
Yeah I have plans for someone to take her if that happens- I'm still working on the enclosure- right now its decent but I want it to be better. Shes not full grown yet.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Russians are awesome :)

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Welcome to TFO!!:tort: Post photos of your enclosure as you build it and it'll help us give you good advice :)

TortelliniLover

This is why I haven't uploaded pictures yet (its sideways and low quality) :p But here's the cutie sitting on her food dish as she likes to do.

Attachments

• 1441410007802.jpg
    1441410007802.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 15

TMartin510

Fremont, California
I don't know what the rules are, but it sucks that they wouldn't let you have a tort, they are quiet and have an enclosure. I wouldn't think it to be a problem and I hope you don't get caught and if you do they'll let it slide.
Nice tort!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
My aunt had a puppy and kitten in her dorm room. For a while anyway :) The lady down the hall had a rabbit, just about everybody had a fish. I guess my old college actually allows dogs and I think cats now in the dorms. I think a tortoise would be pretty easy to keep there. The problem is space, you'd have to build at least two or three decker.