New Tortoise Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowak369

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Hello everyone! My name is Danielle and I have a Russian tortoise named Paquito! I purchased him 2 months ago from a local pet store. He is still very young, they told me no more than a year old. I live in Northwest Indiana. The weather conditions here are quite erratic. But in general, in the winter it is cold (20s and lower) and in the summer it is pretty warm (70s-90s). If anyone could offer me some tips on how to make Paquito as happy and comfy in his new hope as possible, we'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lol, Paquito!!! Love it.

Hi Danielle:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

If you bought Paquito from a pet store, he's probably older than they told you.

Set him up in a fairly large bin with a nice thick substrate and a good UVB light (not one of those spiral bulbs). He'll need a hiding place too.

After you've had a chance to look around and read some of the Russian threads, if you have any specific questions, we're happy to help.

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
Welcome :) I'm from Indiana also. Erratic is putting Indiana weather lightly. All four seasons can be experienced weekly lol

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum my fellow Hoosier! I'm from Greenfield. Have a great day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.