New Polypropylene made enclosure.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I was fortunate to found a plastic place that custom built couple Tortoise/Turtles enclosures by ½ inch thick, Polypropylene, UV resisted sheet.
IMG_2062.JPG IMG_2064.JPG
(This is the largest checked-in luggage allowed, I can easily put 4 of them inside the box)

It is strongly built.

IMG_2076.JPG

This is a 40” Wide by 80” Long and 15’ deep box with a 3’ escape proofed lip on the top. IMG_2063.JPGI will use for indoor only because I made it a “Closed Chamber” enclosure.

Three pieces clear Plexiglas for the top and hinged on one side. Two of the top panel I installed the light fixture for CHE and day heating bulb.

IMG_2072.JPG IMG_2071.JPG

A ZOOMED 40 inches Reptisun T5HO terrarium hood cross the center for UVB light.
IMG_2075.JPG

Couple air circulating fan also installed and will be controlled by a timer or thermo controller, I’m not sure yet.
IMG_2074.JPG

Added two handles on both side of the box so it will be a bit easier to move around.

I like the PP material because it will be water tight and mold free.

I still not decided yet what tortoise I will put it in this new enclosure. Any suggestions?????

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    706.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Any kind of tortoise you want . Thats a cool enclosure . If I may how much did it set you back and how can I get my hands on one?

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
bouaboua said:
I was fortunate to found a plastic place that custom built couple Tortoise/Turtles enclosures by ½ inch thick, Polypropylene, UV resisted sheet.

(This is the largest checked-in luggage allowed, I can easily put 4 of them inside the box)

It is strongly built.

This is a 40” Wide by 80” Long and 15’ deep box with a 3’ escape proofed lip on the top. I will use for indoor only because I made it a “Closed Chamber” enclosure.

Three pieces clear Plexiglas for the top and hinged on one side. Two of the top panel I installed the light fixture for CHE and day heating bulb.

A ZOOMED 40 inches Reptisun T5HO terrarium hood cross the center for UVB light.

Couple air circulating fan also installed and will be controlled by a timer or thermo controller, I’m not sure yet.

Added two handles on both side of the box so it will be a bit easier to move around.

I like the PP material because it will be water tight and mold free.

I still not decided yet what tortoise I will put it in this new enclosure. Any suggestions?????

I am totally impressed! :) It looks perfect. Any tortoise would be happy there.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
mike taylor said:
Any kind of tortoise you want . Thats a cool enclosure . If I may how much did it set you back and how can I get my hands on one?

The PP box alone is about $250 USD. I had them made oversea. They get the "free" ride along with other stuff I imported.

The three clear top pieces are from local Tap Plastic with a 8" hole cut for me on two of the three. With tax: $182.78.

Lighting and all that, you must be more familiar then I'm I believe.

I may get few more of them on my next shipment. I can make a rack and double stack them in the garage.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! I love that. It would be perfect for about three little Manouria emys phayrei. I see your big tub of coco coir in one of the pictures, and you can use some of those plants in the window!

Whatever you decide, be sure to show us the finished product all planted and occupied.

So the plastic box was actually your shipping container? Good use of dual purposing.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yvonne G said:
Wow! I love that. It would be perfect for about three little Manouria emys phayrei. I see your big tub of coco coir in one of the pictures, and you can use some of those plants in the window!

Whatever you decide, be sure to show us the finished product all planted and occupied.

WOW! ! ! !

Good eyes Yvonne. Very good observation.

Yep, Those coco coil are for this new enclosure. I also have some spider plant ready and may put in some rock as visual blocker.

Thank you for your comments. I will for sure to update when the new resident selected.

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
I just love it ! Can you give us the name of the place that build the enclosure? I sure would like to have one made of plastic !

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
julietteq said:
I just love it ! Can you give us the name of the place that build the enclosure? I sure would like to have one made of plastic !

I'm glad that you like it but I had them made oversea. :(:(

That is way I said I was fortunate to find this place can build it cheap and shipped for almost "free".

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands

That is way I said I was fortunate to find this place can build it cheap and shipped for almost "free".
[/quote]

So could you please tell us where you get it? If you can ship it from oversea, we can as well :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
julietteq said:

So could you please tell us where you get it? If you can ship it from oversea, we can as well :)
[/quote]

I have some parts that I imported into US about twice a year and I stuffed this two PP boxes in the container of my last import. It cost about $250 USD to made and ship to the port in China. If you also have import business you can have any plastic shop in ShenZhen made that for you. ShenZhen is where I have them made.

If you are interested, I can help you to communicate with them, the owner do not speak English. Then you need to figure a way to get them to you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sooooo what we do is in advance see if you can have some shipped in for us and pick them up when we all come for dinner, right???? :D :D :D :D :D

I am like Yvonne, I have to admit I spent more time at first checking out what plants you had in the background. *blushes*

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Jacqui said:
Sooooo what we do is in advance see if you can have some shipped in for us and pick them up when we all come for dinner, right???? :D :D :D :D :D

I am like Yvonne, I have to admit I spent more time at first checking out what plants you had in the background. *blushes*

Let me have your address so I can send a formal invitation to you and Yvonne and I'm not kidding. It will be my Honor to have you ladies come to my humble home to have some drinks and meal. My wife and I are headed to Mexico tomorrow and we always bought back some nice Tequila.:p:p:p

My next container may come within three or four months. So get your design engine started.

I dumped a tub of loss coco coil into the enclosure and turn the 100 W UVA/heat light and a 100W CHE on, then dropped a thermometer in.

The humidity is in a nice 86% and the temperature are in a steady incline.

IMG_2078.JPG

I can see a thine coat of moisture condensation build up on the top viewing Plexiglas.

IMG_2077.JPG

I think this is a success built of a "closed Chamber" indoor enclosure. I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
OMG this enclosure is making me jelly! I wish I could get my hands on something so awesome. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Elohi said:
OMG this enclosure is making me jelly! I wish I could get my hands on something so awesome. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I'm sorry that I made feel that way, If there is a way I can got you one or any other members also interested, I definitely would.

This thing is not too expensive to made but at a unreal cost to ship. It is not the weight, it is the space, you shipped lots air/empty spaces cross the ocean and inland. If you are in my neighborhood, I will be more then happy to drop to your door step.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Haha jelly in a good way. It's very nice and I am plotting an upgrade but not sure exactly what I want to do. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Umm... That's amazing..... My birthday is in April.... If you wanted to make me one. Lol you should sell these!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Great enclosure [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
tortoisetime565 said:
Umm... That's amazing..... My birthday is in April.... If you wanted to make me one. Lol you should sell these!

OH believe me. I though about it and calculated the final cost to TX or to NY from CA will be close to $1,000 or not more. It will not be attractive by then.

So That is why my opening statement of this post stated that I'm very fortunate to able to very "cheaply" imported those boxes by a almost free ride.

But I'm not giving up the idea though..............

AZtortMom said:
Great enclosure [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Thank you AZtortMom! ! ! ! ! !I'm glad you like it.