New enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

5 Year Member
FINALLY, this upgraded enclosure was badly needed. I totally cheated and bought a $90 wardrobe from Wal-Mart haha I priced out the materials and considering my carpentry skills are lacking this seemed like a nice easy out-of-the-box solution. Instead of the cheap flimsy back I used the front doors and nailed them to the back instead of attaching them to the front making a nice solid floor. I then sealed the entire thing twice over with silicone. I then covered the bottom with a thick plastice sheet and then added a blue tarp. It is then sitting on another plastic sheet on the floor of my herp room. Yes I’m a little paranoid about my hardwood floors lol

It measures 6’ long by 4’ wide. Lots of room for a growing leopard tort. The lighting still needs to be attached and I’m picking up the substrate tomorrow. Half will be covered in timothy hay, the other half in a few inches of soil/play sand mix. I have lots of flag stone and slate rocks, a few nice pieces of drift wood .. should look nice when I’m done :D

From this:
IMG_7197.jpg

To this (my 6yr old being used for size comparison)
IMG_8481-1.jpg

IMG_8485-1.jpg

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That is going to be a nice size enclosure. Can't wait to see it finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.