inside enclosure ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeB

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toledo Ohio
I’ve seen allot of really nice and creative outside enclosure pictures, but I haven’t really seen large indoor enclosures that maybe the Northern regions would use to house their Torts in during the colder months. I have a 16x16 room designated for my Sully when she’s big enough and might move her in at end of this season. I’m looking for some ideas to make it more presentable and easy to maintain. I have installed sky lights as a start, but I am thinking of maybe framing a false floor to elevate the surface to be able to place hides at a lower elevation, kind of mocking a shallow borrow. My wife is worried about ventilation and the rest of the house smelling like hay, or a zoo. To combat this maybe I should completely frame a room inside of the room 8x16 and using a new construction glass sliding door for observing and entering the enclosure??? Any ideas or pics from completed enclosures would be great.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't have nothing to help you with. But your idea sounds really cool. So don't forget pics for us when it's done. If you keep it cleaned, I wouldn't think it would smell much. However, I have heard that they pee a lot when they are bigger, so you might want to work in some kind of flooring to help carry the urine away.

judy wayte

5 Year Member
hi joeb let me know how it goes also.i have a room that i am going to use for my sully i also have an out side door that i plan on using it so she can go out. thanks j

Status
Not open for further replies.