New Format

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Yes, I might show up different on mobile?? I never had a triangle or the dots, but I'm kind of missing the alert bar:(LOL, few months to figure it out first, than it has to go and change itself up ;)
I think it's faster, though, all the threads load faster for me.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yes, I might show up different on mobile?? I never had a triangle or the dots, but I'm kind of missing the alert bar:(LOL, few months to figure it out first, than it has to go and change itself up ;)
I think it's faster, though, all the threads load faster for me.
I found a different way to find my alerts...I have to go under my accounts & check there. But yes I noticed how the threads load much faster :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So far, two thumbs down on the new format. Lots of changes, for change sake. Whats been improved? I just tried to add a picture to the media, no place to add it to (like a sulcata section) - had to create my own album, and now waiting for a moderator to upload it?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
So far, two thumbs down on the new format. Lots of changes, for change sake. Whats been improved? I just tried to add a picture to the media, no place to add it to (like a sulcata section) - had to create my own album, and now waiting for a moderator to upload it?
I always used an album! I never knew there was a general section??

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Apparently on the phone I don't see all the madness :eek: I do see a green dot on people's avatars assuming their online. But not flashing. I guess I will have to get on my laptop to see what everyone else is seeing. I just don't like how I don't know if I have alerts, I have to look them up in my account. Oh well. I want to try loading a pic to see how that will work ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Maybe it's different for you because of what type of device you're using. I'm on a PC and I clicked on 'media' then 'add media' and then I had the choice of 'a site category' or 'an album'. And under the site category it listed all the different things - enclosures, sulcatas, leopards, madagascans, etc.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Maybe it's different for you because of what type of device you're using. I'm on a PC and I clicked on 'media' then 'add media' and then I had the choice of 'a site category' or 'an album'. And under the site category it listed all the different things - enclosures, sulcatas, leopards, madagascans, etc.

On my iPad, no subsections like i used to see. No problems, ill figure things out. Might be a few train wrecks along the way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I like change, but I also like knowing what is changing :p...

I'm not real sure, however, it might have to do with spam. Each morning, the first mod to get onto the Forum has to delete 20 to 30 huge spam threads. Since the new format change, there have been none. So I guess we have to take a little of other types of changes in order to get rid of that pesky spam!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I've reverted us back to the previous style with the menu bar up top. The links to Inbox and Alerts and stuff were not placed very well. Unfortunately, some of the other updated features were also reverted but I will be working to add only the beneficial aspects while leaving out the not-so-great features. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh: I sort of liked the section on the front page under the "Members online" where it showed posts that had been made on other members' profile page. Any way to get that back?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Josh:

I LIKE the face that the stickies are now separated from the other threads by a line. Thanks. That's a good thing !