New, first time owner!

miwhaley

I just recently got a sulcata and read all of Toms information on how to keep a young sulcata thriving, so now I'm just wondering if he looks healthy or not? Given that I've had him for only a couple of weeks and he is getting proper care at this point, I'm just unaware of what they should look like at this young age! Oh and Crush is his name, he's about 3 months old. ImageUploadedByTortForum1386649513.137410.jpg

Or so I'm told on the age part

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). He looks fine too me. Love the name. Keep him hot and humid and lots of water, good diet and you should have a healthy, smooth sulcata.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ
Crush take good care of your new owner he's coming along so take care and good luck

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
we have a thread on here for AZ keepers, feel free to pop in and say hello. crush looks fine to me and im glad youre doing things the right way and did your research BEFORE getting the tort. good job and welcome to the forum.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
miwhaley said:
I just recently got a sulcata and read all of Toms information on how to keep a young sulcata thriving, so now I'm just wondering if he looks healthy or not? Given that I've had him for only a couple of weeks and he is getting proper care at this point, I'm just unaware of what they should look like at this young age! Oh and Crush is his name, he's about 3 months old.

Or so I'm told on the age part

Welcome! Your sully looks very cute!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!! I know it's pretty hot there, but most of the Sulcatas I've seen look pretty darned good. So I'm guessing you live is a very good place for raising a sulcata baby.

miwhaley

It's winter here! I live up in the mountains of AZ so it doesn't get as hot as most places and we have an actually winter with snow and cold! But he gets all the right care so he'll look good!:)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Please keep your COLD weather in flag
But the high in Phx tommarrow will
Be 67 degrees Amen and thank you God

miwhaley

I wish it was that warm here tomorrow! This morning it was -8 when I was walking out my door!