First time tort owner

maria1973

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
squishy.jpg Afternoon all I am a first time Sulcata owner I've been wanting one for a couple years after I had the privilege of babysitting my friends little one...however I didn't expect a hatchling (at least that's what I'm being told he is so I'm scrambling to find out what I need to do differently to make everything just right for him. View attachment 163812

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
View attachment 163813 Afternoon all I am a first time Sulcata owner I've been wanting one for a couple years after I had the privilege of babysitting my friends little one...however I didn't expect a hatchling (at least that's what I'm being told he is so I'm scrambling to find out what I need to do differently to make everything just right for him. View attachment 163812
Hello Maria
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1454110471.091955.jpg

maria1973

Texas
ok trying to get the hang of this still ...thank you all for the welcomes much appreciated

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome he is lovely!
There is a good caresheet under Species Specific for sullies which will tell you all you need to know about diet, temps, humidity, substrate etc. The Beginners Mistakes thread will tell you what to avoid (link below) and the Enclosures thread has lots of great ideas.
There's always plenty of help here so ask as many questions as you like!

maria1973

Texas
ty for the welcomes and thank you Lyn for pointing me in the right direction