Just got my sulcata today... Help!

smallwood56

Any good advice would be great. I bought my sulcata, FDR, from reptiles and critters.com and he arrived today. I'm not sure of age or anything but it is young. My name is Sarah and any help would be awesome! ImageUploadedByTortForum1392757760.226600.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1392757779.875442.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hello and welcome! He is a cutie! Does he still have his egg tooth?

There are some sticky threads in the top of the sulcata section with some very good starter advice on how to raise a healthy and smooth baby [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][TURTLE]

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Sarah! *waves* Welcome to TFO! :) What made you decide to get a sulcata?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
My first link would help a lot...but Tom's ideals are so on the cutting edge...I'd be inclined to send you right over to him. The choice is yours. Either way...you'll end up with one nice looking animal. And...since yours is very cute...and smooth...you're on your way. You're gonna hear this a lot...but from me? There's a little tweak. Soak your baby twice a day...about a half inch of lukewarm water will do. And, if at all possible, place his soaking dish under the sun. You won't believe the difference. That's how this guy ended up looking the way he does at 4 years old...

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-87669.html

Good luck!

smallwood56

I'm obsessed with animals and I love the experience of having new pets. I had seen sulcatas before at reptile expos and I fell in love :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Welcome!! Have Fun here. and good luck with your new Torts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah, and welcome to the Forum!